TheBingoBalls
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep
Drives: BMW

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Properstyle View Post
Are you serious? Ceramics do nothing while the test they are doing are throwing the car around on a track? Did you think that through? They also are using the carbon fiber roof m3/m4 which is also not the base and take a large chunk of weigh away from the car. The list does go on. They are not using a base m3 so why do they need to use a base model c63 that's much heavier? For kicks and giggles let's use logic. Ad giving most of the test drives are with the m4 not the m3 should we say that's unfair as well since the c63coupe isn't out? Come on. The m3 is lighter and if I you do the power to weight ratio by book numbers actually makes the same if not more power than the c63s so what is the issue? 50hp really?
Wow. When we use the term base, we're not talking about bone stock with no options. Base = lowest model/trim available. Even if you were confused by the terminology, the C63S is NOT the true competitor to the M3/M4, it's pretty obvious and there is no discussion to be had. Is the W204 C63 AMG Black Series a competitor to the base E9X M3?

FYI. Both the M3/M4 come with the carbon fibre roof as standard, the sunroof/moonroof is optional.

Who says it's unfair that they use the M3 or the M4? The only people who complain are the people who actually think the sedan is significantly different then the M4. They're pretty much the exact same car with different amount of doors with 10 pounds separating them, hardly anything to cry about.

You think the HP increase is nothing significant? Try to put it into context. The M3/M4 has only 425HP/406TQ. The base C63 has 469HP/479TQ. The C63S has 503HP/516TQ. In what world is a difference of 78HP negligible? Let's add weight:

M3/M4: 3540lbs/425HP = 8.3lbs/HP
C63 AMG: 3615lbs/469HP = 7.7lbs/HP
C63S AMG: 3650/503HP = 7.2lbs/HP

If you want to compare a M3/M4 to a C63S just to see how it stacks up, cool but in no way are they direct competitors especially when you have a base C63 there that already stacks up well with the M3/M4.

I can't be the only one who feels/thinks this way. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Last edited by TheBingoBalls; 03-03-2015 at 09:05 PM..
Appreciate 0