View Single Post
      03-04-2015, 10:38 AM   #87
Year's_End
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 Shelby GT350

Way too much over thinking going on with these badges. The C63 AMG "S" is simply the better performing version they offer; it's not some low volume spin-off like a Black Series, so of course you can compare it to an F80. 10k isn't a negligible amount at these price points, but it's hardly a class divider either. In an ideal world, these comparisons would use closely specced models for the sake of a fair test, but that's up to what the testers can get their hands on, or what the OEMs are willing to hand over.

The few pounds saved from the CF roof (marketing gimmick more than anything else, and I think you're bullshitting me if you can really notice the difference) isn't going to create a noticeable testing advantage, and those CC brakes aren't going to offer any legitimate performance testing benefits outside of repeated hotlaps. Some additional power will be useful, but it's not going to change the fundametal characteristics of the car. When these cars get paired up for a head-to-head, the intangibles and entire package will create a winner.
Appreciate 0