Amgeater2
Major
Rep
Drives: X6M, M8, Mc 600LT, 296GTB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Efthreeoh
Quote:
Originally Posted by Powerslide View Post
Yes - I see your point and I do not disagree with it.

However - the current i8 architecture and technology will be fairly outdated in the not-to-distant future - so with future hybrid tech - this all will fit into a sub-3500 lb family sedan priced roughly equivalent to the current M3/M4 (adjusting for inflation). Just a question of time...
That's my point. The i8 tech was outdated when it came out. I'm sure decades ago TRW (who actually patented the Prius-type of hybrid drivetrain in the early 1970's) and GM and others started out with architecture with the ICE in the front (or rear) and the electric in the rear (or front) and realized that the car would have no passenger/luggage space. BMW decided with the i8 they'd make a car that had excellent performance and the sacrifice of usability. When you look at the i8's performance, it doesn't achieve its great acceleration AND get 50 MPG. That said it does give good performance at around 35 PMG, much better performance than a 35 MPG car, but nowhere near the 55 MPG targets that are 9 years away.
Wow you 2 have no idea wtf are you talking about... The i8 technology is outdated !! holy Jesus I had to read that twice ??? So outdated that it's the only car under 150k with same technology as super cars like the 918, la Ferrari, McClaren p1 etc..

The i8 is the future of M cars, or better yet M hybrid Super cars ! Not electric tesla crap, HYBRID capable of recharging then self, capable of 500+ hp, capable of crazy Torque, capable of Great mpg, capable of AWD and very quick 0-60..
Appreciate 0