06-08-2017, 08:59 AM   #48
David70
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 06 Z4M Coupe - 13 Cadillac ATS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pretender View Post
Look at Amazon 20-25 years ago: same as Tesla. Tesla ain't losing money but reinvest their cash into future innovation.
The whole stock price is a bet that investors would place based on the company's ability to innovate. In this case, no doubt about Tesla's innovation: Model S was 5 years ahead anyone in this industry. Look at that. Besides, product portfolio: Tesla is not a pure Automaker company but energy company: Tesla Roof, PowerWall, Solar City remind you of anything? Make sure you never forget that.
They are spending a lot more than they are making so not sure how this doesn't result in a loss. You can say they will eventually flip the results but right not they are losing money. If I was taking out huge loans (or selling a % of my business to investors) to invest in risky stocks that might pay off in the future everyone would say I was currently losing money.

I have no doubt about there ability to innovate, I have serious doubts about them making money medium to long term. Roof, Powerwall, solar city, cars, all currently losing money.