Pelo Cat
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: '16 G11 730d, '18 F33 420d Cab

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by FastLaneJB View Post
Yeah I knew that would likely be the case, it's a bit of a bump over the previous one but I suspect it's also quite a bit better.

Guess it'll only be a matter of time before other dealers are selling it. Might have only just gone up, I just thought as my car was built now and getting closer I needed to get looking into things like this again just to see.
We may be pleasantly surprised but yeah, expecting it to be a whack more...indeed do feel it will be better in quality and features over the older one at least. (as well as less obvious and less 'please nick me' )

Personally, I'd be in two minds about getting it installed before delivery....at the end of the day, you have a good relationship with the dealer and are known so shouldn't be a problem, just that I'd be cautious and get the car first, make sure no issues or 'rattles' and then get it installed so you know it was all good before and then after...as I've heard to wire the ACE's you have to remove some of the interior and the clips are notorious for breaking...so a good dealer will know this and sort it well, and your dealer must be good so no issue when you get it installed...mine, well, I may go elsewhere to get it sorted. Decent enough but not the best to be honest.

As its all BMW kit, no issues in getting it sorted in any case should anything happen during install or affect anything but I'd want to separate the two personally. (get car, ensure car okay, then install this to known all okay situation, instead of wondering if any issues are due to car or the install).

Personality point I guess really and trust in one's dealer.