View Single Post
      04-19-2016, 08:52 AM   #41
BayMoWe335
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2010 E92 335i 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASBSECU E93 View Post
What I am more impressed with - Tim Duncan's career.

If this is the Big Fundamental's last ride - I don't think we will ever see his level of excellence over a career again.
I know it's a huge plus for Duncan that he has 5 championships, but Dirk's career has been more dominant, particularly on the offensive end. Duncan was a great defender and rebounder, but I think Dirk is an underrated defender (not anymore) and has been a pretty decent rebounder.

Duncan is the 5th best player on his current team and Dirk is still the best on his at 37, tied 1-1 with the Thunder. The Mavs have made the playoffs 15/16 years and despite not having as much success as the Spurs, they've won a championship, gone to the Finals twice, and been in the Western Conf finals multiple times.

Duncan hasn't been the best player on the Spurs in probably 7 years and his franchise is the most incredible part of his career. The Spurs are the best team in the NBA (debatable, but top 1-2) and they don't even play Duncan.

My point is, Duncan's career is amazing but his organization is a huge part in always putting together a championship team.
Appreciate 0