04-05-2017, 10:01 PM   #57
champignon
Disrupter
United_States
Rep
Drives: 1M;Z3M Cp;135is Vert, 996TT

Quote:
Originally Posted by roll_the_dice View Post
Is this the car you are thinking of buying? The gray interior is nice. It is the same color as I had when I ordered my 99 Boxster.

Looks like a nice example, especially for the $. I considered picking it up myself, but I have my mind set on a Cayman this time. I have owned 3 Porsches (Boxster, 997 and a rare 944) over the years and still have the 944. They are fantastic cars. There truly is no substitute. Yes, there are faster cars, but I have always loved the lines of most Porsche's and hopefully will always have at least 1 in my garage for the rest of my life.

(snippage)

You can't go wrong with a well maintained 911...Enjoy it in good health.
Howdy,

Yes, this is the car. The owner/seller has an old M5 enroute from the
East Coast, plus has purchased a 996 Cabriolet, same year (1999), because now that he is living in California, he wants a convertible. That is why he decided to sell the coupe.

The car had its PPI today and I am told it came out fine; I will talk with the shop owner tomorrow morning. We are doing a few upgrades that the seller had planned to do but never got around to completing even though he had the parts. I expect to pick it up on a quick turnaround on Saturday in the Bay Area, driving back to Idaho on the same day.
Appreciate 0