View Single Post
      09-06-2009, 02:19 PM   #43
hayden
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 750Li

We had a quick breakfast and left Bagnols at a respectable 9AM. The drive was entirely highways again. It made me realize how good this 7 is at soaking up the highway. It's what the car was made for. The scary this is that going 105 MPH feels like 75! Driving it back in the states may be miserable now...

My wife captured this pic with her iPhone of a few gawkers at rest-stop restaurant we stopped at to use the restroom. They had many questions once I got outside.

We arrived in Versailles at 12:30. I used my Michelin iPhone app to try to find a good restaurant... but many were closed for lunch. There is a Gordon Ramsey restaurant that I'm sure would have been fantastic... but it was closed also.

We settled on a mediocre place - can't even remember the name of it. Luckily I booked tickets online so we avoided the entire line and just walked right in.

The place is huge! And it was filled with people. We spent most of our time in the Palace. (but had a lot of great views of the gardens)

You could spend several days there... but after 2 hours or so a pregnant Mrs. Hayden decided her feet had enough. We'll see the rest another time.

We parallel parked on the street and the entire time I was worried we would have people trapping us in by parking too close. Luckily when we got back to the car there was ample space.

It was a short 20 minute drive to the middle of Paris. Knowing that this would probably be the last time in the car for a couple months we took in a lot of the major sites by driving around.

The hotel (Four Seasons George V) is fantastic.

We were not upgraded - but who cares with this room!

We are in a fabulous (and large) "Deluxe" room at the corner of the building with 3 large windows facing Avenue George V. The bathroom even has a window! Not what I expected in Paris. I was afraid this hotel's staff might be a little snotty - but have been pleasantly surprised to find them very gracious.

In the evening we went out for a walk along the river. I forgot my camera - but snapped this with my iPhone 3G.

Appreciate 0