03-31-2017, 02:15 PM   #10
playground
Lieutenant
Hong Kong
Rep
Drives: M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6ixSpd View Post
I'd love to see anything substantiating that claim. I've never heard of a Morimoto bulb "prematurely wearing out the ballast." There's a reason tonnes of professional, expensive retrofitters have utilized these bulbs in place of Osram/Phillips for many, MANY years without complaints. There are plenty of thorough tests conducted with these bulbs and multiple top-tier bulbs. Just because you do not know about a certain product doesn't make it "random," being unaware of options is not a justification for outright writing off a product.
Not all aftermarket bulbs are created equal, that's just pure misinformation.
Morimoto is just a brand name for a Chinese manufactured product.
Surely enough, they are on the higher end of the aftermarket tier but they will never be as good as Osram or Philips bulbs. There is always a reason for why the product is cheaper.

I've gone through plenty of D1S bulbs, including MTEC which uses GE glass bulbs with their electronics. And in terms of running lifetime they can't compare to what Osram or Philips offers.

Premature wear to the ballast is one of the things that MIGHT happen when going with aftermarket bulbs, but I'm not here to argue. If Morimotos work good for you then