04-07-2015, 01:34 PM   #47
Bobble
Major
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Whatever POS the wife leaves

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingOfJericho View Post
I was the same dude before I got married as I am right now. Sure, my surroundings and attachments have evolved, but my marriage and kids (one 21M old and another due in a few weeks) haven't changed who I am inside. It just so happens that I seem to have always been a caring and loving dad inside as I think I've taken to it very naturally.

My cousin's uncle, on the other hand, was broken early. We have it narrowed down to two scenarios. He's either too selfish to share his life with anyone, or he's been gay the entire time but his parents were extremely homophobic so that may have robbed him of that potentially joyful relationship (we lean toward the latter). Sad story no matter how you slice it.
Exactly as I said marriage did not cultivate those values rather your inner being did and honestly great for you. Glad to hear that, too few people in world that way.
Hearing the rest about your uncle or cousins uncle is even sadder. If he is gay but cultural values do not allow him to be himself that is terrible. My mom is homophobic, my daughter is bisexual and in a same sex marriage in WA state. We danced around things with my mom, she's 95 and speaks her mind. I had to have a very harsh sit down with her to let her grand daughter be the person she was made to be. Worked out, her other grand parents won't speak to my daughter but their loss. She truly is a wonderful person(I'm not objective on that obviously). Hope your newborn is healthy and gives you 150% to cherish. That's a great time in life, young kids they're such a joy and so purely genuine.
Appreciate 0