View Single Post
      09-08-2009, 03:08 AM   #47
hayden
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 750Li

Just returned from dropping off the car. I got up at 6:45 and drove off at about 7. Figuring I had about 15 minutes of extra time or so - I drove by a few of the sights again. Here is the Lourvre at sunrise:

I asked the valet to have the car washed yesterday... they did a good job. (This was only the 2nd wash - the first was at the Dolder Grand in Zurich... also from the valet)

I arrived at TT Car at almost exactly 8. I walked inside and showed my BMW folder. They pointed me in the direction of a back office. (My guess is either the Manager or a Harms rep) I handed over the docs - he took the entire folder.

The rep was not friendly at all. No pleasantries, no smile, nothing. He had someone go out and check the mileage. He printed out a "Car Delivery Receipt" for me and asked me to sign in several places. He showed me the damage form and said "No damage". (Didn't bother to check) I said I'd like to note a few chips on the rear bumper.

I asked if the car would be trucked to Munich or Bremerhaven? (Bremerhaven direct). I asked when the next truck was scheduled for? (Shrug... maximum of 7 days)

I was done in 8 minutes. They provided me a shuttle to the train station (seeing the traffic in the direction of Paris was reason enough not to take a taxi)... and I was back in the room at 9:30.

A final goodbye from inside the shuttle:

Time for breakfast!

Appreciate 0