View Single Post
      06-12-2010, 05:19 AM   #1
7erMOB
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: F02 740LI

Smile 2010-11 740Li Delivered

Got our family car F02 740Li Space Grey last month but was too busy to do anything to it and posting it. Production date: March 2010; delivered May 2010!

Was reading posts that it would not come with the side camera package but in fact it did (ordered FEB 2010) and with TOP VIEW package! Guess only US 7er owners are out of luck. no offense guys! I was ready to scream at my SA if it did not come with the side view package and he never gave me the notice like the 7er owners in US when ordered from FEB-APR. All in all very happy with the camera package as it helps alot in tight parking spots in Hong Kong.

Engine:
This car still uses the same Twin Turbo instead of the new one found on recent F10 535i & E92 335is. Compare to 750 V8 its not slow at all, the difference is there but not noticeable in city driving. Test drove 750 b4 and it has higher speed and more power from 70mph+. Haven't really try sport mode yet, cause it will rev to more than 4k rpm (only has 1600km on it) For sure with sport mode the handling and gas pedal sharpens to what a Bimmer is known for.

Wheels:
Ugly as hell.......... with stock 234 18's. DUNLOPS RFT doesn't do it either with stock tires. However the ride is nice for a luxury car and I haven't experience the RFT effect YET. BMW HK charges 100% tax on OEM wheels when ordered together that's why did not order a set of 303M 20's wheels.

Looking at HRE 20's and ADV.1. wheels but not yet decided. HRE's monoblock does not support 20's for the weight of our 7s. It has to be P40L and other "L" series which is 21"-22". I am determine not to use 21's because the tires are rare and is useless for me using this car cross boarder in China. I plan to use P ZERO RFT with 20's. Michelin PS2 and PS3 does not have our BMW stock 20's size.

Any recommendations? I am running low on options.

Angel Eyes:
All of ya know stock AE is yellowish so I switched them to MTECH 4350k H8, mix results was what I think. Its not as yellow for sure, but its also not bright nor even close to white.

Really want LED like the new 5GT and F10 5 series.
Note: camera is D90 F/9 ISO200 1/5 sec.

ENJOY!
Attached Images

Appreciate 0