11-25-2014, 09:24 PM   #139
BlueCoyote
Private
Rep
Drives: A beater

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChicagoM4 View Post
Very well said.

I would also add, in line to my earlier point, that there are a lot more topics to talk about on this forum regarding the gt350 other than comparing it to other cars / benchmarks. Just seems like 6 pages of bashing other cars
I'm not seeing the "6 pages of bashing other cars" here. Looking through the posts, I don't really see any posts that present pure, unsolicited "bashing" of the new M3/M4. If there are, perhaps you can point them out. Are there a few comparisons to BMW's sure--this is a BMW forum, what do you expect? BMW's will present a natural point of reference to many performance cars in their general price range.

Additionally, BMW M cars have a long-standing reputation of being a pure, enthusiast driver's car because of their great steering feel, handling characteristics, and high-revving naturally aspirated engines. Some of that has changed lately (most notably the NA engine part). Some people are embracing the turbo engine and some lament it. When so many car manufacturers are moving towards forced induction it's refreshing to many people to see a new car introduced with a high-revving NA V8. The stated goal of this car is to be pure driving bliss--a driver's car with great handling characteristics and an intoxicating screamer of an engine--qualities that will no doubt appeal to longtime M fans. There's nothing wrong with giving props were props are due.

It's hard to give direct praise to a car that hasn't been released to the general public and that no one outside of FoMoCo has actually driven. The facts on a sheet of paper, as promising as they are, are all anyone one of us has to go on.

Lastly, having respect for a car with an 8000+ rpm redline, 295/305 width tires, two-piece 15.5" Brembo brakes, and world class suspension designed to dominate on a road course hardly makes me a cowboy.
Appreciate 1