View Single Post
      08-21-2012, 10:19 AM   #1
Max7SD
Rep
Drives: 2012 BMW 750i

Speed-Buster Tuning box for F01 750.

Hi guys... I've been surfing this forum for a while now researching about the f01. I finally bought one a few weeks ago, the local dealer here were slashing prices on the 2012 big time in anticipation of the facelifted version. F01 750i
I have been looking for a tune for this car for a while now and saw that both Dinan and ESS have ecu flash for the car but they both cost around $2000. Seems a little much for the limited power increase.
I also found that Turner Motorsports sells the Hartge piggy-back style tuning box. Decent amount of power gain but, again, at almost $1800... Still too much.
During the research I came across this German company called Speed-Buster... Apparently they have been around a long time and have tuning solutions for many types of German cars.
They have a tuning box for the F01 750i for $750 with shipping included. Installation looks very simple... Just hooking up two connectors to the manifold pressure sensors. Giving the car 81 horses and 74 ft-lbs gain over stock power. It all sounds too good to be true so I emailed them and this is what I got:

Thank you for your communication. You will find answers to all your questions on our website at www.speed-buster-na.com; I am also attaching our company press release and BMW 750i Instruction Guide (GER) for your review. As you will find SPEED-BUSTER® is Germany's largest manufacturer of ECU Tuning Modules, and Audi, BMW, Mercedes-Benz and VW are the company's competence.

The Modules are stand-alone (i.e., additional units, piggy-backs, etc.), so there is no "Chipping" of "Flashing" of the ECU. SPEED-BUSTER® ECU Tuning Modules are designed and manufactured to operate within the technical specifications of your motor vehicle, so they should not create any CEL, DTC, etc. error codes; they do not void the manufacturer warranty.

While we encourage you to have the ECU Tuning Module installed by a certified mechanic, the installation can be accomplished with someone having limited mechanical knowledge. The SPEED-BUSTER® ECU Tuning Module for the BMW 750i connects to the two Boost Pressure Sensors, and the specifications are as following. The price is $750 with shipping.

Make: BMW
Model: 750i
Engine: 4,4L TwinPower Turbo
Model Year: > 11/2008
Original¹: 408Hp / 600Nm
SPEED-BUSTER® ECU Tuning Module: 489Hp / 700Nm
Increase: 81Hp / 100Nm
MSRP: $750

_______

¹ Original manufacturer specifications may be stated in different units of measure, they may be rounded, or they may vary in Canada, Mexico and the United States. For consistency, SPEED-BUSTER® N.A. states all Original, Optimized and Difference values in SPEED-BUSTER® GmbH & Co. KG terms.

Sincerely,

Anna H.
Client Relations

SPEED-BUSTER® N.A.
The Village at Castle Pines
858 West Happy Canyon Road, Suite 115
Post Mail Box 317
Castle Pines, CO 80108
USA

info@speed-buster-na.com
www.speed-buster-na.com

The price is not too bad for the power gain... and its relatively easy to install... I have done some searching on this forum but was unable to find any information on Speed-Buster... this could be because I'm a rookie and does not know how to search, if that is the case I am sorry... but if its because there isn't any information on Speed-Buster on the forum then... I'm scared to be the first to try them... let me know what you guys think.
Thanks again
Max
Appreciate 0