View Single Post
      11-02-2013, 12:20 PM   #1
redflagbj
Registered
Rep
Drives: E92M3

Exclamation Annoying Resonance between 45 and 55 mph

I have recently noticed a very annoying resonance from the rear part of my 740il when it travels at speed range between 45 and 55 mph. This resonance sounds like a very low frequency bass and you can feel pressure to ear from to time if you pay very close attention to it. This problem only surfaces after my car reaches 15k miles. Since it had been getting worse, I switched my old tires with 4 new non-RFTs which helped greatly in minmizing this annoying resonance during this speed range. Nevertheless, I can still hear it if the car runs on very smooth asphalt with the volume of this resonance being much lower than before, but it is still there. My friend's 760il has much louder resonance than mine during the same speed range. We checked this out with a local dealer and was told that this was a common issue with F02 long wheel base car design and there was no fix for it! Has anyone come across this same issue? If so, any success in fixing it? Any advice will be appreciated as this really drives me mad. Thanks a lot!
Appreciate 0