View Single Post
      06-10-2015, 09:20 PM   #156
misterbeemer
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E92, E46 M3, E39 M5, 750Li

Quote:
Originally Posted by YungDro View Post
little? are you dumb you just sound jealous The new 7 is on another level. S class needs to play catch up. I'm not even joking, I already know S class owners that will be trading their S classes for an M sport 7 100% as they have said.

Bravo BMW.
How much is BMW paying you to write this stuff or are you like one of those Apple fanboys? This car is definitely better in terms of technology than the previous generation, but as far as design, it is a massive failure. It is ugly to look at. Just put a Toyota badge on it and you will be raging about how ugly it is.

Compare this car with the previous generation. It looks the same. Side profile (except the stupid hockey stick). Front looks ghastly with huge headlights with squiggly LEDs, that belong to a truck, connecting with the grille. The M Sport front bumper looks similar to the 6 series M Sport bumper, including the fog lights. The rear M Sport bumper with a huge, wide black cutout looks weird, especially on the white car. The aluminum dash looks cheap and does not go well with certain trims. But the interior certainly is miles ahead than previous generation in terms of comfort, especially in the back with the high end packages. Yet, they do not have the same amount of prestige and technology as the S class. Not this time, perhaps never.

And Merc already has 2 versions of AMG, a Maybach and a Pullman among other variants. BMW will drag their feet in making an M7, if at all. By no means am I a Merc fanboy. All our cars for the past 23 years have been BMWs. However, my father is replacing his 7 with the S600. It is just disheartening to see no effort and no creativity put in design. Management seems to just want to cut costs and corners.
Appreciate 1