View Single Post
      02-15-2016, 03:14 AM   #5
BMWrules7
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2015, 740 LdX, Alpine White

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgcrockett1
I just ran into this problem. I attempted to contact BMW assist through the button on the top of the car and instead reached a 911 operator. I then called BMW and was told the program was no longer available for my 2012 750. Is there any third party (such as google) that can offer some of the services, or is it just a lost cause. This makes me angry enough that I am thinking about buying a new car (not BMW). I am guessing there is no info about a retrofit. Any suggestions?
I have a 2013 X1 and 2015 7 and today I just found out both cars are under warranty and both cars can't be renewed for the life safety service, concierge or Internet.

BMW needs to hire a bloody attorney and seek an injunction to stop the telecoms from no longer supporting 3G. My God BMW, are you going to wait for a tombstone before you get off your collective ars and stop these free loading telecoms from killing your customers --- literally?

Which one of us is going to be the first casualty where our super tech cars cannot phone home to report the accident?

ARE YOU LISTENING BMW???

Stop this nonsense now and tell us your bloody plan.

Note to BMW: you need to come up with a plan and tell us about it before the herds of American lawyers start smelling blood and go for your jugular BMW.

Oh, wait silly me. I just read the fine print. It says "BMW assist will only work for the first year of ownership for your 2015." Oh, gee this changes everything----not!

THIS IS ABSURD!
Appreciate 0