05-25-2017, 10:03 AM   #82
Doc Oc
Captain Fatbelly
United_States
Rep
Drives: C63 amg

Quote:
Originally Posted by KenB925 View Post
farm raised is much worse, the meat from legally hunted animals is consumed, generally speaking

if you care to educate yourself on the topic, i'm sure you'll agree that without hunters we would not enjoy the wildlife that we have, nor the habitat for other no hunted animals that is protected because of hunting.

Again i am speaking only of legal hunting, for too many of us meat is something that is cleanly packaged and available in a store, everything on your grill was once an animal. If you like factor farming look into at-gag laws and the conditions under which these farm raised animals live
While I understand the point you are making (how can we be upset about the way hunters treat animals when our own food comes from factory farms that treat them just as bad) I would counter that with the age old adage two wrongs don't make a right. And who knows, perhaps getting upset about these type of stories will lead to a broader discussion? The funny thing is that the media seizes on these type killings all the time but when is the last time you saw a story on factory farming? That being said it is still very hard to justify killing an animal that won't be eaten and the fact that anyone gets a thrill from it sickens me. Those farmers aren't rocking a full chub when they do their thing, I promise you. That puts these thrill killers in a different class imo.

2008 dct coupe, evolve engine/dct tune, ttp, ms intake, megan exhaust, cf ds. Sold.
Appreciate 1
TXSTYLE13851.00