View Single Post
      05-25-2017, 10:38 AM   #83
KenB925
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: ZL1, Raptor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc Oc View Post
While I understand the point you are making (how can we be upset about the way hunters treat animals when our own food comes from factory farms that treat them just as bad) I would counter that with the age old adage two wrongs don't make a right. And who knows, perhaps getting upset about these type of stories will lead to a broader discussion? The funny thing is that the media seizes on these type killings all the time but when is the last time you saw a story on factory farming? That being said it is still very hard to justify killing an animal that won't be eaten and the fact that anyone gets a thrill from it sickens me. Those farmers aren't rocking a full chub when they do their thing, I promise you. That puts these thrill killers in a different class imo.
Let me preface this with, I have never gone hunting, I am obviously not opposed to it, and I do have interest in doing it. Part of me wants to know what if feels like to kill my own food, to make sure I'm ok with it.

The conditions in factory farms and a wild animal being killed by a legal hunter are not even comparable.

One is in a cage, being fed hormones, antibiotics, and god knows what else to get it fat enough to kill fast, then it is loaded on to a truck and sent to a slaughter house etc.

The other wanders around the forest watching out for four legged predators and one day they get hit with a bullet or arrow and drops dead.

The reason you don't see stories about factory farming is because, in many places it is ILLEGAL to take pictures inside those places.

So can we agree that as long as the meat is used, and the hunt is legal then there is nothing to argue/be upset about?

I just think that anybody that eats meat, or has a leather interior, leather shoes etc, and opposed legal hunting is simply not informed, or willfully ignorant. It seem that the people with the loudest voices and opinions about wildlife and the outdoors have the least connection and certainly the least interaction with it.

I don't blame anyone for not knowing, I do blame them for spouting uninformed nonsense.
Appreciate 1
Mr Tonka6058.00