View Single Post
      05-25-2017, 11:24 AM   #85
KenB925
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: ZL1, Raptor

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXSTYLE View Post
You can try as you may... But there are ZERO comparisons to the OP and eating regular farm raised animals. Hell... If the cows and chickens and pigs were even hunted, it still would NOT compare. If you group Elephants and Lions in the same class as cows, chickens and pigs... There's really no sense debating you.
The conversation has changed a bit since the OP, and we are speaking more generally about hunting/killing animals for food, however, it still applies to any animal that is Legally killed and not wasted.

Steve Rinella uses the term 'charismatic mega fauna' when discussing these issues, for many of us our only interaction with this class of animal (Elephant, Bear, Bison, Elk, etc) is on a screen, in a zoo, or a Disney movie.

The legal hunting of these animals is managed by people with far more interest in protecting the species the you have. Just because you can't imagine eating elephant meat doesn't mean that others don't.

I personally am not a fan of Elephants being hunted, but I understand that population management (including legal hunting) is necessary for the long term survival of the species. I also don't think I could hang out with a guy that had an elephants head mounted in his house.
Appreciate 1
Mr Tonka6058.00