View Single Post
      11-10-2014, 02:03 PM   #5
BMWrules7
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2015, 740 LdX, Alpine White

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike_L
The 750Li holds way more than the X5. I went from an X5M to the 750 and I've never had a problem with it not holding stuff. Its an F02 though. The F01 is the short version.

Either way, I wouldn't touch either one of them at this point, any older than a 13 or 14. Once the warranty is gone, you're looking at extremely expensive repairs. The N63 has weak valve seals according to my dealer, and its several thousand dollars to pull the heads and replace them. They flat out told me when my warranty expired, get rid of the car or you're gonna spend $30-40k in the next few years in repairs (head rebuilds, turbos, intercoolers, transmission, air shocks, etc.). I ordered a new F34 2 weeks later, because I want no part of that.

If you can afford it, either vehicle will get the job done. If you can't, you're looking at the wrong cars.
Let fill you in a secret. Mike is making an excellent point.

However, I am going to rework his point to put a lil Pizazz to it:

If you can afford to maintain either the x5 or 750 out of warranty, then clearly you can afford to buy (or finance) a new one.

Because of this fact: Go new.

If a new x5 or 750 is outside your budget then the cost of maintaining either of these two vehicles post warranty will exceed your budget too.

(this doesn't mean you can't afford it, it means you simply don't want to pay the price of a new one)
Appreciate 0