View Single Post
      01-26-2011, 01:34 AM   #2
xDrive50i
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: '09 750i individual

Depending on the speed you are traveling at, the navigation system informs you well ahead of any turn you need to make.

For example, when I travel on the freeway/highway at say 100km/h+ (62mph+) the navigation system usually informs me about 1 to 1.5km (0.6 to 1 mile) before I have to turn that I need to stay on the left or right (depending on what direction I will have to turn) and with instructions that I will be turning left or right. When I get closer, around 200 to 500m I think (about 1000ft or less), the navigation system will again tell me what direction I will be turning along with the distance. And when I approach the intersection or turnoff point, it will give me the instructions again as well as show a count down in increments of 10 meters as well as a bar graph showing the approximate distance to the turn. All this is shown in the heads-up display along with clear instructions how close you are to the turn, street name or road number, exit number (if available), even what lane you need to turn into...

The faster you go, the greater the distance of where the system will give you the instructions of where to go. All this via the different displays as well as voice instructions.

It does pretty much everything you are asking for...

I don't know but I don't think you can control on what screen what instructions you want to have displayed, other than that you can disable the navigation information on the heads-up display.
2009 750i individual | Citrin Black Metallic | Platinum Merino Extended Leather | BMW Individual Composition Package (includes Sport Package) | Dynamic Handling Package | Multimedia Package | Technology Package | Executive Package
http://www.7post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=234432
Appreciate 0