View Single Post
      01-26-2011, 11:40 AM   #3
dbs600
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2011 750LXi Individual

Unfortunately, I do not have Heads-up-Display. Yes, I know, a mistake, especially since I cannot see my speed nor my RPMs.

However, I am not referring to the instructions of whether to turn left or right or to exit, but I am referring to the name or number of the turn or exit one must take.

This information is given, at least on my car, at too short notice at 1000 feet prior to the turn or exit - this is especially short notice when traveling on the highway - and this is not given by voice command at all - only in the small area to the lower right portion of the instrument cluster.

I.e.: when traveling down the highway I would like to know at least 1 mile before the exit, the exit number I need to take - 5 miles, not necessary, but at least 1 mile - so that I can focus on the road and road signs instead of constantly look down at the small area mentioned above to see what exit I need to take or see when same finally pops up! Say if there was roadwork or if the roads had been reconfigured as of late...

Am I missing something here?

Thanks for your help.
Appreciate 0