View Single Post
      09-23-2015, 05:58 PM   #46
P1
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 2004 3/4 ton Duramax

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPerformance211 View Post
OP - you have to be happy man. Life is too damn short to be miserable. Congrats!!!!

I was in the banking industry for 24 years and last year said "fuck it"....I couldn't take it anymore (too much regulation, corp political bullshit, et al). My largest client offered me a position to run his real estate development company and one year later.....I absolutely love it. Took a 20% pay cut in base pay but I am 100% happier. I will get some % ownership in future development projects so from a compensation standpoint, I will be better off in the long run. I answer to him (owner of company) and him only and manage a staff of only 8. My suits and ties are collecting dust and I am wearing shorts/polo shirts to work and I couldn't be happier.
Good for you mate. I have friends that make loads of money, but are an absolute slave to their jobs and don't even get a full weekend off. They are miserable, and aren't even able to enjoy the money they're making because they at work all day long. Hardly see their wives, or able to tuck their kids into bed at night because they're home too late.

What is the saying, something along the lines that you are so busy making a living that you're unable to live life?
Appreciate 0