View Single Post
      12-08-2016, 08:18 AM   #11
Joekerr
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2017 Audi S6

Some first dance songs I've honestly actually heard because I've been at these weddings, and a story to go along with each:

House of Pain - Jump Around (actually a song I really like, but don't see how its first dance worthy). I think this choice was largely influenced by my actions, and I still have a tinge of guilt about that, though I haven't said anything to the bride / groom. He was my cousin and they sent this link around to all the guests to ask them to vote on what their first dance song should be. Well, this was one of the options, and as I said, I do like the song. So I voted for it. But then I refreshed the website and realized I could vote again! And I didn't really have anything I needed to do for the next 20 minutes, so I refreshed over and over again and registered about 80-90 votes for House of Pain - Jump Around. The other choices only had about 3-4 votes (of which, I think I threw 1-2 their way, just so it looked legit. I never did check before they took the voting down to see what the numbers came in at, but I suspect to this day that their choice to use House of Pain was largely influenced by my actions.

In the air tonight - Phil Collins (just a terrible, terrible choice) That marriage ended a year after it began because she cheated. The groom picked the song too, that was the funny part, it was almost like he knew what she was going to do. The bride started listening halfway through to the actual lyrics and then started motioning for the DJ to cut the song, I was rolling at this point, but trying not to because I was at the head table as a groomsman. But the DJ didn't see her so she started motioning the same thing to the head table - I feigned ignorance of course, but one of her bridesmaids got the clue and went over to the DJ who cut it off. Awkward. But oh so funny.

Last edited by Joekerr; 12-08-2016 at 08:33 AM..
Appreciate 1
Biorin2784.50