02-01-2014, 05:25 PM   #14
osxcode
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: The M's

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvthestck View Post
Nice decision to get a new one.I was about to pick up a new one off the lot and I am glad osx convinced me to configure and order a new one.Its worth it.The digital gauges are fine even in sunlight.They are visible even with polarized glasses unlike the HUD.

Carbon black is a nice color.It was second on my list after white.I was worried that's I wouldn't be able to keep it clean and the swirl marks.

If you would like some pics of the interior( not many) ,you could check out my post

http://www.7post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=932004

If you have saddle brown available in your country as a standard option,take a look at it.It should look the best with a white exterior.
^ Yes, what he said ^
IF you choose the dark blue, make sure you have a good detailer. I have a guy that is wonderful, comes every week to my home to clean whichever car is dirty and does a famous job. Never any swirl marks. I leave it to the Pros.

The digital display is just plain awesome. It's very colorful in the day time, nice white/grey/red/orange combinations and in the evening, it's typical BMW amber colored and easy to read. I love scrolling through the playlist on the digital display, it just puts out so much more information over the outgoing unit.

I never use the head-up display, It honestly gives me a headache. I love the leather dash though and I think that was part of the executive package.

You should certainly order your car the way you want it, doesn't take long to get and you get exactly what you want. You are also guaranteed that nobody ever took it for a spin. I've always had White cars before and I LOVE white cars, they show all the detail of the design. With the 7 though, it's sort of a slabby mash of sheet metal with minute details and curves, it's elegant and sophisticated. I chose the dark blue because it has so many personalities, it can be black at night or in the shade (which is always classy on a 7) and then in the sun, it looks famous! That carbon black is just unbelievable, but be prepared to wash often - the color is unforgiving to dirt/dust/shit.

I never personally found the B&O audio a good value, the standard Harmon/Kardon is really nice. Others love the B&O, so test it out and see if thats something you would want. I couldn't justify the steep price tag for what I heard through it.

2016 BMW X5 ///M
2016 BMW M4 ///M Convertible

aLatteHotte - www.aLatteHotte.com - The Future of Coffee
Appreciate 0