Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '09 Cpe Silverstone FR 6MT

Garage List
2009 M3  [8.40]
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Tanglewood View Post
Just wanted to share a portion of my father's camera collection. This is roughly 3/5 of the cameras he owns to date. Thought any photog would be excited with the spread.
Where's Canon?

I'm in a five hobbies where I see this sickness manifest itself:

Cars: I drive an M3, but I know guys with several cars and new ones annually.
Audio: I've got a super-duper system, costing around 30-grand, but that's actually small potatoes vs. some of my friends.
Trumpets: I've played since age 10 and have a Bb, a C, a piccolo, a cornet and a flugelhorn and I play each in public performance annually, but my friends cover walls with them
Guitars: I've got a minor form of the illness in that two of my guitars cost tens of thousands each, but they're worth more than I paid for them. Once again, I have friends with rooms full of guitars.
Photography: I have two bodies and five lenses, all in constant use. My friends are mostly like me, but I've got one friend that's over the top with expensive equipment. He does carry three bodies, but he's got dozens at home.

I'm more of a "user" than a "pedestal" or "collector" guy. The very expensive guitars were actually viewed as a risky investment that worked out. Still, I see the attraction. Some of these things are simply pleasing to hold and behold. I "use" very good equipment in each of these hobbies, generally using the finest that I can find for the purpose.

Great collection.