Rep
Drives: Plaid, F82 M4, E46 M3, Sequoia

Garage List
2002 BMW X5 4.4i  [0.00]
2015 BMW M4  [0.00]
2004 BMW M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by fecurtis View Post
I feel like those who are hating would've blindly disliked the show regardless of what they did. Even if they were able to create an exact carbon copy of the original, they'd complain that they're just doing the same old shit and not trying anything new.
To me, that's the point. They're trying to recreate the magic of the old, "Gen 2" TG. When Gen 2 took over from Gen 1, the show changed; here, they are trying to keep the same formula. So of course, people will make direct comparisons. And you're right, in many ways, it's unfair to compare a show that was on for 22 series with the same presenters (save for Series 1) - they became a well-oiled machine. BUT, that's what they did by trying to keep it the same.

IMO, they should have looked to have done something completely different - then, people would have looked at it as a new show and compared it to itself, rather than to its predecessor.

I honestly tried watching it with an open mind, but the fact that it looked and felt like the old TG only served as a reminder that it was not the old TG.
Appreciate 0