View Single Post
      11-10-2016, 10:40 PM   #4
bake
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 F10, 2013 E93

I experienced a similar problem with an HID kit I installed on my fog lamps on my F10. Worked great for almost a year and then after a visit to the dealer I started having problems with the drivers side not firing up. I swapped the ballasts from driver side to passenger side and the drivers side remained out. Did the same with the entire harness and the bulbs, same result. So I knew it wasn't the HID components. When I replaced the HID setup with the stock bulbs, everything worked. I thought somehow the dealer changed some coding on the car and it was now incompatible with the HID kit. I asked around to everyone that might understand what was going on and nobody had any ideas. I ended up removing the kit and did without it for a year.

I finally reinstalled it and was still having the same issue. This time I was too lazy to remove it immediately after and one day while I was in the middle of a trip I turned them on an voila, they came on and no errors! I finally figured out that the dealer probably did do some sort of update and what happens is upon startup the car runs some diagnostics and during that period the sensors are able to detect the HID kit and shuts it down. If I start the car and wait about 90 seconds and then turn them on, they work no problem. Not sure this helps your scenario, but this is what I was able to figure out. Good luck.
Appreciate 0