bradleyland
TIM YOYO
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 M3

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by GuidoK View Post
I dont understand. For me personally I'd rather have better low beam performance than good high beam performance.
I rarely use high beam. The roads around here are way to crowded to use those (maybe except in the middle of the night).
High beam performance for me is hardly important and almost always enough in the rare case I can use them.
So then the test verdict is imho right if the low beam performance is sub standard.
BMW should fix that.
I agree completely

I made this thread because a lot of folks in the other thread believed that the "problem" was only with the halogens. They just dismissed the test with comments like, "Oh sure the halogens suck, we all know that." The truth is that all US market BMW headlight options have issues. Obviously the IIHS didn't test the new laser headlights, because our luddite regulations won't allow them here.

I did try to write it objectively and explain the facts though, so it may have come off as defensive. Some people will read this and say, "It's ok because the high-beam performance is fine." Like you, I'd disagree with them. The lights are bright enough, but BMW needs to address the way they aim their headlights from the factory.
Past: 2010 135i - TiAg Coral Red 6MT ///M-Sport
Appreciate 0