GrussGott
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 M4 Comp Indv

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mywifes335 View Post
I thought all BMW dealerships are franchises?
well independently owned companies, yeah, but that's why I'm curious. about 10 years ago Audi built 'forums' to show off the audi brand in key locations around the world. You couldn't buy cars, but they would help you do everything but ... so I'm curious if, just for NYC, BMW AG owns a dealership in the US somehow. The State of NY no longer allows it, but it sounds like it may have been "grandfathered" in.

And BMW now has "brand stores" and I'm wondering if the BMW Manhattan dealership is one ...

EDIT:

Quote:
May 11, 2014
To inform, not sell
Audi City is an embodiment of Audi's tag line Vorsprung durch Technik (progress through technology), says Horst Hanschur, head of global network strategy. "Of our brand values, one is sophistication, the second one is progressive, and sporty is a third," he tells Automotive News. "With Audi City we think we touch all three."

Other Audi City stores have since opened in Beijing and Berlin, and one is due to open this year in Moscow. The location of each store is crucial, Hanschur says. Each store must be in a central luxury shopping area popular with both locals and tourists.

Audi isn't the only premium automotive marque opening brand-building storefronts. BMW has just opened its second Brand Store in Brussels, two years after the first one opened along Paris' famous Avenue George V, just around the corner from the Champs-Elysees. Mercedes-Benz has similar outlets in 20 cities, including Tokyo and Milan, Italy. Mercedes said in March at the Geneva auto show that it plans to open 20 more by 2020. But so far none has the technology reach of Audi City.

Last edited by GrussGott; 04-16-2016 at 11:59 AM..
Appreciate 0