GrussGott
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 M4 Comp Indv

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by miamiten View Post
BMW of Manhattan is owned by BMW of North America LLC. It, like most of the European brand dealers in Manhattan, are owned by the US/North American Import corporations for the manufacturer. This structure is different than Tesla and does not violate consumer laws.

They all share the same beginning. Max Hoffman Motor Cars and are considered to be the most important locations in the country and a tribute to one of the most significant influencers in automotive history.
Interesting ... I found some other background as well. Net-net:

* BMWNA is a subsidiary of BMW AG
* BMWNA is an auto manufacturer: X5 & X6
* BMWNA is an importer of BMW AG automobiles, but dealers are independent with the exception, I guess, of BMW of Manhattan

About BMW OF NORTH AMERICA, LLC

A key subsidiary of BMW, BMW of North America provides marketing, sales, and financial services through almost 900 dealerships and motorcycle retailers. The company imports and manufactures BMW brands, such as the 1, 3, 5, 6, 7 Series; the X5, X6, and M Series models; and the MINI and Rolls-Royce brands. Styles include coupes, convertibles, sedans, roadsters, sports activity, and luxury vehicles. Divisions include BMW Manufacturing (South Carolina), industrial-design firm DesignworksUSA, a parts distribution center, a technology office, a technical training center, and other operations in the US.

Operations

BMW North America has a sales network of almost 340 BMW passenger car and sports activity vehicle centers, about 140 motorcycle retailers, 120 MINI passenger car dealers, and more than 30 Rolls-Royce dealers.

BMW's DesignworksUSA was born out of car design, but has evolved into a consultancy firm for design projects that include mass transit, consumer electronics, motorsports, aerospace, medical, and a lot more in between.

Sales and Marketing

DesignworksUSA has served such major clients as Nokia, Adidas, John Deere, Hewlett Packard, and Boeing.

Financial Performance

BMW's sales in the US rose 17% in 2012 thanks to a strengthening US economy spurring an overall increase in customer spending on automobiles.

Strategy

BMW is moving ahead with several projects that will make their way to the US over the next few years. Electric models, known as Project i vehicles, are being sold in the US, following a 2013 market release. The new cars are marketed under the electric i3 and i8 model names.

In 2013 the company partnered with ABM, a provider of building maintenance and facility services as the preferred electric vehicle charging station installation and service partner for BMW i Centers across the US and Canada.

BMW North America is expanding the production capacity at its plant in South Carolina, which is the exclusive manufacturing plant for all X5 and X6 sports activity vehicles. The company is investing some $900 million to boost capacity from 160,000 vehicles per year to 350,000 by 2014.

BMW is positioned with its luxury model lines for when luxury becomes fashionable again, and the company believes it will. The company's optimism stems from its broad choice of BMW styles and models, as well as the fact that it still offers financing to customers. The BMW Certified Pre-Owned business brings new and younger customers to the brand.

Ownership

BMW of North America, LLC is a subsidiary of iconic German luxury carmaker BMW.

Company Background

Charged to oversee the group's largest single market -- the US -- BMW of North America was established in 1975.
Appreciate 0