United_States
Rep
Drives: Smog machines

Quote:
Originally Posted by anglo View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Bread View Post
Yore talking to a wall, don't bother.
You're pretty ignorant if you think a modern V6 engine is not balanced, it's a more complex design and require more engineering but they're balanced and just as smooth and balanced as any inline 6.
It's this simple. A V6 is never going to be naturally balanced. Full stop.

You can add balance shafts to make it imitate a balanced engine. And some are nicely done, the GTR lump being a little better than average. The VQ being perhaps the worst recent example, and the original NSX being perhaps the nicest.

Compare any two motors of similar displacement, under/over square design, with similar drivetrain layout, and similar boost, and the V6 will not rev as quickly, will not be naturally balanced and will generally not sound as good. Please note that BMW has found incredible ways to screw up the traditional half a V12 sonic signature of the I6.

There's a reason I'd love a G34 GTR but have no love for the G35. Only part of it is the transmission.

Your last post is comparing secondary balance, while the entire content of this discussion has been about primary balance.

And for the love of all things holy, stop talking about packaging. I6's will be smoother, V6's will be easier to package.
Appreciate 0