Garage List
06 330i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkoesel View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Efthreeoh View Post
In the USA the top two EVs vs. the BMW i3:
data source - Good Car Bad Car
Not unexpected - just like any Nissan or Chevrolet commuter car outsells the BMW equivalent.

The more interesting comparison would be vs. a Tesla Model S since its also a luxury car, and in fact is priced much higher than the i3. Although I don't know its monthly sales figures in the US, I suspect it probably sells more than the i3. And that's where BMW has a big opportunity and needs to improve. The Model 3 will only make the disparity grow.

No reason why BMW shouldn't offer a funky hatchback like the i3, but for sure it should be a much lower priority than entires in the segments covered by the Model 3, Model Y, Model S, and Model X. BMW has shown that they have some plans in these segments, but it remains to be seen exactly how they are going to unify the electric versions on their traditional vehicles like the upcoming 3 Series and X3 electric drive models with the i5 and other vehicles coming to the i brand. It all seems a bit weak right now, and they need to get that buttoned up really quick.
i3 is pathetic at that price and it?s beyond ugly.