11-09-2017, 10:21 AM   #48
Viffermike
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: '18 black-n-blue 718 Cayman

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdM5 View Post
What makes you think my frame of reference is the Netherlands? I work internationally.
Because your avatar says "Amsterdam" and the flag displayed is Holland's. Also note that I said you "live" there, not that you "work" there (though that's typically assumed).

Just sayin'.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zx10guy View Post
Lost in all this talk about autonomous vehicles is the motorcycle component of vehicles on the road. If you thought there's that fringe of car owners who are fanatical, that's nothing compared to people on 2 wheels.
Oh boy HOWdy are you right about that. Though: motorcycles are available now with gyroscopes that keep them from tipping over when parked, and BMW claims its most recent BMW Motorrad concept doesn't even require a rider to wear a helmet. I'm skeptical as hell about the latter (I'm sorry, but no open motorcycle can keep a bee from bruising your forehead, putting your eye out, or diving kamikaze-style into your throat at 60 mph), but seriously: were either of those things even conceivable 10 years ago on a bike?
Appreciate 1
zx10guy5149.50