View Single Post
      06-10-2015, 01:04 PM   #27
RPiM5
Major General
Rep
Drives: Mexico Blue F10 M5(Mika)

Overall, I like it. A lot of the design is simply elegant. However, as I exclaimed the other thread, why does BMW feel the need to keep enlarging the size of the kidney grills. The kidney grills on this G11 look very large like they consume over 50% of the space on the front. Anyways, I have a couple of observations.

1. I hope that button next to the hazard light button below the iDrive screen is the button to activate "Sheilds" to protect against flying rocks that cause rock chips and to help prevent door dings. I had no idea that BMW was developing this technology. I hope it makes it to the next generation 5-Series as well.

2. Looks like the "Shield" feature will be optional though.

3. Seems as if BMW is in collaboration with Spiderman. They are calling him on the HUD.

The new 2016 BMW G11 750i xDrive is reported to be 4610lbs. While the BMW F01 750i xDrive is 4475lbs. Either someone fudged up the numbers or this new Carbon Core Chassis Infrastructure design is BS and BMW lied to us about a greatly reduced weight for the new 7-Series just like they did when they said that the M4's weight would be equal or less than the E46 M3's. With that said, I guess so much for hoping the next generation BMW M5 will be able to drop 400lbs! Lol!

Appreciate 1