02-22-2015, 01:39 AM   #16
RedlinePSI
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: Something else

Quote:
Originally Posted by squishy View Post
See, I respect that, but it really depends on one's situation and body composition. As you can tell from the "before" pics, I had nothing on me - no fat, no muscle. So, for aesthetic purposes, it would benefit me to gain plenty of muscle and some fat.

If this were my second bulk, things would be different. I wouldn't even consider attempting to gain 54# in 8 months, cause I would be just flat out fat as shit, and would be lucky if I gained 12-15 # of muscle in that time frame, even less if it were my third bulk.

So, for a first-timer bulking, this method is perfectly acceptable, in my opinion, just to put on some size (hopefully more muscle than fat).

From here on out, I might do just one more year-long bulk starting this August, but I only hope to gain about 5-6 # a month. After that, it will be "lean bulking", or, what you're implying.
I understand where you're coming from. It's hard as hell to get to that nice thick but toned look when you start out thin. It kind of adds a mental factor that helps with motivation when you see yourself getting bigger, even if its not all muscle. I like the fact that you will be continuously altering your plan so as not to solely rely on this method. The numbers you put up so far look great. Keep it goin.
Appreciate 1