09-18-2014, 07:21 AM   #124
Billup
Banned
Burkina Faso
Rep
Drives: Your mum crazy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamesons Viggen View Post
Made the best of the show, used it to market myself to get my Detroit area car job, my goal all along.

I have accepted the position as Head Designer at www.wmgta.com/us

Divisions include Saleen, Bob Lutz's Ls9 powered Fisker Karma-Destino, small Chinese electric cars and other side projects such as boats, watches etc.

Very excited.

I could have wound up at GM as designer number 181 in a cubicle, so yeah-smaller company, but much more impact and variety.

I secured a townhouse in Rochester Hills Michigan and will be moving in about a week. I'll buy a house a year later after I feel secure in the area/job etc.
Congrats on everything you've accomplished so far. In the end, you still came out on top.

You'll love Rochester Hills. Downtown Rochester lights up all their buildings with LED lights around Christmas and is pretty neat to check out. Downtown is small, but there's some really good places to eat. Only about 20/30 minutes from Downtown Birmingham, which has even better restaurants.

Also, you're only about 30 minutes from Woodward in Birmingham, so during the spring/summer/fall, the weekends are usually a pretty good time meeting up with all the other enthusiasts.
Appreciate 0