05-05-2009, 01:35 PM   #21
xDrive50i
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: '09 750i individual

Quote:
Originally Posted by stickypaws View Post
Umm, not talking about C-Klasse nor E90s here. (And if you want to talk other than the 7 Series and the S-Klasse, the 5 Series was a disaster in crash tests, no pun intended.)

Anyway, all I said is that I'd personally rather be in a S-Klasse then a 7er when it comes to an accident. Really, don't take it so personally. I'm not sure what your "wrecked exotics" pic actually means(?) I once saw a pic of an armored Humvee taken out by two diesel locomotives.

MB has pioneered safety. They invented a lot of the safety features cars use now. BMW also uses those features. And that's what I pointed out. Again, please don't get your knickers in a bunch. It's just car talk.

That said, I've owned many BMWs. Including a 1600 and a 2002 tii. And many modern ones too. I love them, they are great cars.

And I've also owned many MBs and P-cars, too. Equally excellent cars. I own MB and Porsche as my current choices, but am considering an M5 in 2010. I'm hoping for something great, we'll see.

btw, who is Geezus?
You also have to keep in mind that just because someone invented something, doesn't mean that they are the best at it. Often enough, companies that take an existing invention and implement it in their own way, improve on the original idea/function...
2009 750i individual | Citrin Black Metallic | Platinum Merino Extended Leather | BMW Individual Composition Package (includes Sport Package) | Dynamic Handling Package | Multimedia Package | Technology Package | Executive Package
http://www.7post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=234432
Appreciate 0