View Single Post
      07-04-2017, 01:39 PM   #68
Efthreeoh
General
United_States
Rep
Drives: The E90 + Z4 Coupe & Z3 R'ster

Late to the party on this thread; Beartato inadvertently brought me to this thread. I feel like I need to comment.

As a motorcyclist for 33 years on the street and more than 150,000 miles under my butt, plus 6 years of dirtbike experience before that, the rider (I'll not call him a motorcyclist) is completely at fault here. He was either not paying attention, or completely sucks as a rider. He had plenty of time to slow enough not to hit the Camry or avoid hitting the Camry by taking the exit between the Camry and the barrier on the left. The rider didn't even brake to slow down. He was not paying attention to any of the traffic in the other lanes, nor was he watching where he was going.

Like zx10guy said, when your are a motorcyclist it doesn't matter who made the illegal move, because being on a motorcycle, you always lose.

I re-looked at the vid, the left exit was too closed up, but he could have probably gone right, between the minivan and the Camry.
A manual transmission can be set to "comfort", "sport", and "track" modes simply by the technique and speed at which you shift it; it doesn't need "modes", modes are for manumatics that try to behave like a real 3-pedal manual transmission. If you can money-shift it, it's a manual transmission. "Yeah, but NO ONE puts an automatic trans shift knob on a manual transmission."

Last edited by Efthreeoh; 07-05-2017 at 06:21 AM..
Appreciate 2
zx10guy5149.50
jmg18705.00