07-05-2017, 06:16 AM   #76
Efthreeoh
General
United_States
Rep
Drives: The E90 + Z4 Coupe & Z3 R'ster

Quote:
Originally Posted by autoart View Post
I have watched the video and I don't understand all the comments that the guy did not hit the brakes. I can clearly see him move his right hand to the front brake before impact. In the slow mo video when he is in the air you can see skid marks of his rear tire. He did not grab a lot of front brake because that would have flipped him or dropped him. That is also why the front of the bike does not dip with the brakes. If you hit the rear brakes hard the front wont dip much on its own.
If he had the rears locked and the fronts brakes applied and you also want him to turn to a safe place all at the same time. That's a lot to do at speed in 1 or 2 seconds.
I agree he covered the brake, but I think the skid mark you see is the front tire locked up once it crushed back to the frame when the forks bent. I didn't hear any skidding tire either.
A manual transmission can be set to "comfort", "sport", and "track" modes simply by the technique and speed at which you shift it; it doesn't need "modes", modes are for manumatics that try to behave like a real 3-pedal manual transmission. If you can money-shift it, it's a manual transmission. "Yeah, but NO ONE puts an automatic trans shift knob on a manual transmission."

Last edited by Efthreeoh; 07-05-2017 at 06:22 AM..
Appreciate 0