tony20009
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 335i - Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flying Ace View Post
I agree with everything you said here.

BTW, I am serious about my hypothesis he was trying to hide something in his personal life...possibly hookers.

I don't agree that no one but his wife would care about his personal stuff on the phone. If word got out that Brady was cheating, it would rival the levels that Tiger Woods went through with his mistresses.

As someone else above said, I believe Brady was weighing all the personal stuff against the supposed evidence that would have exonerated him that was on the phone, and decided his marriage and public face was more valuable than taking the fall for deflategate.

Let's be serious here, you only have burner phones for:

1. actual illegal activities
2. hookers

Given the amount of money he makes, I doubt Brady is involved in #1, so #2 is the logical conclusion.
I'll take your word for that. I've never had a burner phone, much less burner "phones."

Whatever libelous stuff you or others may posit about Mr. Brady's personal life is "on y'all." I don't have the first idea of the verity of any of it. I don't even have an opinion about it. Perhaps you are right and it's only I who doesn't care about whatever non-Deflategate-related stuff may have been on his cell phone.

My personal life is exactly that, mine, and to the extent that I don't disclose information about it, I want it to stay that way. I think Mr. Brady deserves the same degree of choice/control over what of his personal details make it "beyond the four walls" of his home.

As goes Mr. Brady's cell phone text messages pertaining to Deflategate, were I in his position and honestly averring that I had no "incriminating" text messages on my phone, and potentially having "stuff" on the phone that I wanted to ensure remained private, I'd have first said something like the following:
I've had no text message discussions about deliberately under inflating the footballs I would use in the 2015 AFC Championship game with anyone, and certainly not with the Patriots ball handlers. I won't turn over my phone to you, but I am willing to authorize my cell phone provider/carrier to confirm as much by releasing my text messages with the two ball handlers involved in the matter, that is, if they have the history of my text messages available.
I understand that Mr. Brady's presumed desire to keep his private info private. I would want the same thing. It appears from the most recent statement Mr. Brady issued that he did offer something akin to what I suggest above. (http://www.sbnation.com/2015/7/29/90...-roger-goodell) It's curious that he states having made that offer, but doesn't state what the phone company's reply was to it. (Perhaps, however, he contacted the wrong organization...the NSA probably has the records. ) I know that I'm supposed to take his statement as an implied assertion that the phone company didn't have or would not cooperate, but he doesn't say that's the case, so I don't know.

And there again rises my issue. Ethical behavior, honesty, and ambiguity do not go together. According to Slate.com:
Brady told the NFL that he regularly destroys his old phones and that he had begun using a new phone "on or about" the day that he spoke to Wells. Needless to say, the NFL doesn't know whether there actually was incriminating evidence on Brady's phone, because they never saw it.
Source: http://www.slate.com/blogs/the_slate...says_four.html)
Okay, sure....I believe Mr. Brady's replacement and destruction of his Samsung phone was most auspiciously timed, to say the least. At the end of the day, Mr. Brady would seem less shady had he done any of the following....
  1. deleted any non-game-related content and turned over the phone, or
  2. simply handed over the purportedly broken phone, or
  3. retained possession of and at least not destroyed the phone
...than he does now, after knowing folks were interested in his phone, and talking about what he routinely does with his phones, and how he switched phones "on or about" the time he spoke with Mr. Wells. Indeed, at this point, Mr. Brady even looks shifty to me. Look at him and his smug grin in the picture below.

The man may in fact have done nothing wrong. But right now, based on what I've read, I don't trust him any farther than I can throw him. I'm sorry, but the totality of his actions have pretty well used up all the benefit of the doubt I'd have been willing to grant him.

All the best.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
'07, e92 335i, Sparkling Graphite, Coral Leather, Aluminum, 6-speed
Appreciate 0