View Single Post
      08-24-2015, 05:29 PM   #9
Smokester
Rep
Drives: BMW 228i M Sport 6MT MG

Quote:
Originally Posted by smilesperhour View Post
Currently pay about $67/month with Shelter Insurance for 25/50k full coverage. I dont mind the premiums at all, the problem is my car keeps getting modified more and more somehow and in the documents I sign, there's a specific line that states that "no performance enhancing parts are placed on the vehicle." This causes me to lose sleep sometimes, because I'm not sure the implications if I actually submit a claim. So I'm looking for a company thaht will cover me, even though I have some mods. Love to hear any of you that were still covered if you have experience wrecking a modded vehicle. Thanks

Josh
The limits you mention are liability and have nothing to do with fixing your car if you are in an accident. They cover you for the bodily injury or property damage you do to others. And those are VERY low limits. I recommend you visit an independent agent (not one who is tied to only one company like Nationwide or State Farm) and fully explain your needs. An IA will have access to multiple companies and is better able to find one who can accommodate you. Don't hide anything from them or your claim will be denied.
Appreciate 0