Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Yes

Garage List
2010 135i Coupe  [5.26]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ali Shiralian View Post
I didn't say anything about performance. Sure they were good around the track if you knew how to modify the chassis but as an everyday car they sucked. The quality of the workmanship was my point. Brand new sunroof started to leak on a rainy day and thermostat went a week after picking up my beloved GT. Numerous issues but yeah a fast car with its v8 which was too much for the chassis.

I don't know how much is a jeep trail hawk or whatever they're called these days but I don't think they're much cheaper than an X5 or a Q7. They're getting close to the German prices but their quality still suck is it apparent from the CR findings
You should go off of real world ownership. As many of us have stated, they are quite reliable.

The fit and finish may not be German in quality but you're also not paying that premium. I paid under $50k for a loaded JGC Overland. A similarly X5 *starts* at $10k more and a similarly equipped model (V8, etc) starts at $75k! I would rather have a little hard plastic and $$30k in my pocket.

Also, a Trackhawk starts at $86k while the X5M starts at $102k. That is much cheaper.

2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee High Altitude Hemi | 2010 S4 Sold | 2010 BMW 135i Retired | 2006 Lotus Exige Sold
Appreciate 0