Pelo Cat
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: '16 G11 730d, '18 F33 420d Cab

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by FastLaneJB View Post
Ah interesting. Does the metal key not fit inside one of the other keys like on other BMW's or they give you that one anyway? I'd not considered this but see why you take that with you because if there isn't a pop out one on the Display Key as you say your screwed if you run it flat

I had the display key on both the loan 7's I've had and didn't even check it that closely to notice this. I'd just noticed how big it seemed vs my M5 key but then that's the same key you get on a 1 series. Lol
No, unfortunately not...you get the emergency key in the normal fobs anyway and so this is just for two purposes: handing over the car at a hotel or similar valet service and not wanting to give full access to the locked spaces and/or to open the driver door if the display runs down flat. You extend the driver door handle and can then use the manual key (as comfort access is standard, no key slots to put it into visible without lifting the handle.)

Yeah, the 7 key fobs are definitely a factor bigger than other BMW's but that does make them a bit nicer too...if you can find a space to park the beast (especially a G12...you'll have to have big pockets anyway for the Shell station as you say and so you can put the display key in there easily )

Good idea about the case, I haven't bothered but I like my display items naked! (phone/7 display key)...hate to cover them as they are such lovely tactile surfaces.

325_bucks: looking forward to hearing how the test drives went, hope they allow you to know which one you want and need. Both lovely really. Enjoy!
Appreciate 0