Pelo Cat
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: '16 G11 730d, '18 F33 420d Cab

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by 325_bucks View Post
The problem is we don’t have the baby yet or any equipment! It’s due in July! But I’ve already asked a dad friend if I can borrow theirs and take some cases as you say to try it out. LWB is not an option, I don’t need the extra rear space so the short version will be fine
Ah, understood, congrats on the new arrival!

Definitely worth thinking about what type of push chair you'll have as some can be very voluminous and take up the biggest of boots...Hopefully the friends can also provide some guidance and what they're using will be appropriate and what you want later on so a good test to use.

I appreciate that this may also seem bonkers but if space becomes the only negative to go for the 7...and you only go to the continent every so often (say every 6 months or so)....do consider whether you'd be willing to put a set of roof racks and a jet bag on top...that could take any push chair you can throw at it and some extras and leave the boot for the suitcases and other bits...plus you only need all that space when you do the long drives so you can take it off for the rest of the time and enjoy the car and its very large space for normal daily stuff as well. No one wants a roof rack or the jet bag but for the occasional use and extra few hundred it costs, it is a very viable solution to consider?

Hope that helps, lots of change coming up then!
Appreciate 0