View Single Post
      10-20-2013, 09:03 PM   #13
luvthestck
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 18’ Q7,16'981 GTS

Quote:
Originally Posted by 335ifanatic View Post
I'm not a huge fan of the styling cue Mercedes has taken in the last couple of years. First it was the new SL which Mercedes ruined and now the S class which I don't find appealing at all. I agree with the interior as well, the dash looks like a huge ass iPad pasted together and than you have the new smell kit or whatever Mercedes is calling to make your cabin smell "good", I find that a bit tacky. And it speaks volumes about BMW design and their current lineup for a 5 year old car like the 7 Series to still look fresh compared to the new S class model

With all that been said, one thing were Mercedes is winning is on the performance end. The performance numbers on some of their AMG models is down right astonishing. That's were BMW needs to start focusing on especially on their M models.
Their move to AWD on their AMG models was a smart move.I am glad BMW is considering an AWD option in the next gen M5.Better be late than never.The lack of AWD was one big reason i turned away from the M5.All that torque and just the rear wheels would be a disaster in my scenario.
Appreciate 0