View Single Post
      12-28-2017, 02:24 PM   #84
Angry Ketchup
Private
England
Rep
Drives: 650i (F12)

I've got no problem having my cars valet-parked or "valet cleaned". I mean, we don't stay or dine at shady establishments, so my BMW or Mercs are't "joyride bait" compared to the other cars there - even if that were a concern.

If I want the car out front, for whatever reason - I'm in a mood, or my wife will be returning to it to feed baby, or me to retrieve biz items... Then I'll give the guy £20 or £50 when I leave it and just ask nicely and explain why I'd like it nearby.

If all goes smoothly, I'll probably extend another £20 when we leave with a handshake.

A related thing that I do often, is have the cars valet-cleaned when we shop at Brent Cross, Bicester Village, or the like. It's a small reward for me. For only like £80, they typically do a very good job, if you pay for all of the extras - inside and out. So, while my wife is dragging me around shops buy things we don't need or should be purchasing on Amazon anyway, while I drive the baby's pushchair around mindlessly eagerly anticipating the 2 pints I'll get to drink when we take a lunch break.... I know that my car is being treated to a spa session outside in the multi-story car park.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PandaM3 View Post
When I valet at fancy hotels if I am in my M3 I tip them $20 and tell them to not scratch anything up in which case they just leave it up in front of the hotel and never move it. If I am in my wife's VW CC I just tip them a few dollars and they just park it wherever they park it. For my lifted FJ cruiser I tip a $20 since I know it will not fit in their parking garage at which point the valet person would rather keep the $20 for themselves and leave it up front rather than tell me it is to large for their garage. Nothing like having your muddied up 4x4 parked up front of a posh hotel right next to all the exotics... haha

This post reminded me of when we took my MIL and Grand-MIL to The Dorchester on Park Lane for afternoon tea earlier this year after the birth of my youngest daughter. Couldn't fathom why those chose to park our ML350 up front amongst those other cars! (pics attached)
It had not place in that club. lol

They couldn't have known the jewelry and bags my old Chinese ladies were wearing eclipsed the value of my Merc a few times over.. ha. Maybe it was because the baby was so cute.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0