gmd2003
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2014 CP M6 and 2006 VT 525 Z4M

Quote:
Originally Posted by larryn View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmd2003 View Post
For what it's worth there isn't an overheating issue on 6MT Z06's . I've done 30 minute sessions with my friends 2015 in 90 degree SC heat and it doesn't miss a beat while blowing away pretty much anything on track while still being completely stock .
My friend, who is a very good and fast driver, had one and I witnessed heat soak on numerous occasions in his. He no longer has it because of all of the problems, and replaced it with a GT4 (and also just got a ZCP M3).

Btw, you may not recall, but the heat issues existed long before the auto tranny was made available on the C7 Z06. There are long threads about it on corvetteforums, and people still have issues.

The car is a beast, but it does have issues, and eats consumables at an alarming rate.
At our local track Roebling Road it does not have problems , how about that . He did a 1:15.x lap there as well , which is faster than just about anything there I have ever seen , including full on race cars , so he is an excellent driver . He is always in PTM race so isn't using the TC as crutch which does increase heat because of the timing changes so that likely is at play for a lot of people who have had issues.
Appreciate 0