View Single Post
      11-30-2015, 10:10 AM   #33
P1
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 2004 3/4 ton Duramax

Quote:
Originally Posted by zx10guy View Post
Which Hikvisions are you looking to get? It seems there are a new set of Hikvision PTZs with IR/night vision capabilities coming out. If they're as good as the Dahua, I might ahve to pull the trigger on it. I just found out a feature of some PTZs which will make it easier for me to get a PTZ which is auto tracking. I'm not sure how good the auto tracking implementations are. It's a shame I can't correspond with the guy responsible for Network Camera Critic. I was browsing through the site and found a post where his family announced his sudden passing earlier this year. The guy was a wealth of information....truely a great loss.

On another note with PoE switches, I have to find time to migrate off of the Dell Networking N3024P switch to the bigger N3048P. I need to do this soon as I'm about out of ports on the N3024P and I would like to put the 2 port 10GbaseT module online. I have another project where I want to spin up a storage array which can support iSCSI over 10GbaseT.
I'll be buying them all through LTS. I'm done messing with Chinese cameras. Too much of a risk, and Hikvision has been cracking down on Aliexpress sellers.

So far, thinking a turret, two bullets, and two cubes. That's in addition to the dome and the bullet I already have.

And yes, the Networking Camera Critic was an amazing site. Very unfortunate that the writer passed away. I heard they're getting someone to replace him, but not sure if that's happened yet.

I need to look for a new PC also. Been eyeing the Dell XPS 8900. Sighthound runs OK on my older Dell, but adding the above cameras will bring it down to its knees.
Appreciate 0